This website contains adult material and is only suitable for those 19 years or older. Click Enter only if you are at least 19 years of age.or Exit
Three versions of this battery are out now, the basic difference is the newer V2(20AMP) and V3(20AMP) are a lower continuous amp rating cell now compared to the V1(30AMP), according to battery guru "Mooch" who has tested these cells from iJoy and found the 40AMP rating claimed by iJoy to be not true and are overrated.
Product introduction as stated by iJoy:
IJOY 20700 Battery, featuring a diameter of 20.4mm and a length of 70.1mm, has a 3000mAh large battery capacity with 40A max continuous discharging current. Basically the 20700 Battery is compatible with most of the 20700 regulated and mechanical MODs. Long storage life, light weight and high energy density.
Name: 20700 Battery
Size: 20.4mm (D) x 70.1mm (L)
Type: Li-Ni (High Drain)
Rated Capacity: 3000mAh
Nominal Voltage: 3.7V
Peak Voltage: 4.2V
Cut-off Voltage: 2.5V
Max Continuous Discharging Current: 40A
Max Pulse Discharging Current: 85A
Style: Flat Top
1x IJOY 20700 3000mAh 40A Battery
Battery Guru Mooch rates this iJoy at 30A and 3000mAh. Its maximum vaping amps (MVA) rating is 40A, limited by temperature
Flat top High Drain 40 AMP battery (although this is the amp rating on the cell wrapper , we suspect they are more like 30amp continuous rating,same as there 26650 cell that also states 40 amp on the wrapper, but when tested by mooch resulted in a high performing 30 amp battery).
The user must have an appropriate understanding of the potential dangers of lithium ion batteries before purchase. Use caution when working with and using lithium ion batteries as they are very sensitive and may explode, burn, or cause a fire if misused or mishandled. Always charge in or on a fire-proof surface. Never leave batteries charging unattended. We are not responsible for any damage or injury caused by misusing or mishandling lithium ion batteries and chargers. No express or implied guarantee of compatibility with any device can be made. Charge only with a smart charger designed for this specific type of lithium ion battery. Do not mix and match old and new, used and unused batteries. Local regulations and laws pertaining to the recycling and disposal of lithium ion batteries vary so please consult your local jurisdiction regarding appropriate disposal. Many retail stores offer free recycling of rechargeable batteries.
- Misusing or mishandling lithium ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury or property damage
- BATTERIES MAY EXPLODE, BURN, OR CAUSE A FIRE IF MISUSED OR MISHANDLED
- ONLY use with proper protection circuitry
- ONLY use within manufacturer specification
- DO NOT store loose or in a pocket, purse, etc., always use a protective case or box for storage and transport
- KEEP AWAY from metal objects to prevent short circuiting
- DO NOT short circuit
- DO NOT use if wrapper or insulator is damaged or torn
- DO NOT use if damaged in any way
- DO NOT overcharge or over-discharge
- DO NOT modify, disassemble, puncture, cut, crush, or incinerate
- DO NOT expose to liquids or high temperatures
- DO NOT solder
- User must be familiar with handling lithium ion batteries and understand the dangers before purchase
- Usage of batteries is AT YOUR OWN RISK